Bunion shaving

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there

I posted last week on the subject of possible failed bunion surgery as did not get the results I expected. Following my six week check today I understand why. The surgeon did not do an osteotomy as planned but instead shaved my bunion 😦 it looks like I still have a bunion but the appearance of that should apparently reduce when swelling diminishes. So now what I'm seeking is information from any others who have had their bunion shaved. Was it successful? Did it last? Would really love to hear.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I did have my bunion shaved together with straightening of my 2 toes. Unfortunately my big toe is elevated and have to go through another operation as I cannot use my big toe when walking. Hopefully this op in a week's time will prove positive.

It seems that that thanks to this forum's we can understand better what goes on with ops like ours. Great consolation.

marie11052

• Posted

Hi Marie11052, you are so right the forum is great, shared experiences really do help. Sorry your op did not go exactly as planned. I hope the surgery next week will be successful and you will get back to normal walking before too long. Have you seen any recurrence of the bunion or is all well with regard to that?

• Posted

hi marie! i had a bunionectomy osteotomy and im almost 3 weeks post op.

my swelling has gone down a lot. my big toe feels very stiff and i cant move it downwards yet. would you say its because its still quite early. im anxious on my healing but everyday its feeling better

• Posted

Yes I am sure that it is still early days. My big foot kept looking upwards and although I tried moving it I still could not pull it completely down and it kept resting on the other toe. But I noticed all this well after the 7 weeks. I actually went back to the surgeon after having physio for about 2 months.

Marie11052

• Posted

Hi

The bunion is perfect and in actual fact I have no pain in that respect. But now unfortunately I do not know what will happen after surgery on Wednesday.. just keeping my fingers crossed.

Marie11052

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.