Bunion Surgery 2 weeks po & developed blisters near incision, anyone experience this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had bunion surgery on my left foot 2 weeks ago at my 1 week post op appointment everything looked good. I went back at 12 days and blisters had developed on top of mu foot near the incision. My doctor has been doing this 35 years and said he hasn't seen this much. He put me on antibiotic and bentadine on the area. Would be feeling so great if it wasn't for the blisters!! Anyone experience this at all??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary...

I also developed a few blisters on my incision, they didn't cause me any problems. I kept them clean and dry and they cleared up in time...

• Posted

thank you for your reply...my entire top of my foot has blisters!! How long did it take for them to dry up and go away? Im just miserable with mine!

• Posted

They lasted around a week or two...

I didn't have a full dressing on my foot once i'd had my 2 week check up/stitches removed just a piece of tubigrip so it was easy to fold back and air my foot while resting.

if I remember rightly they also came back along my scar line when I was around 12 weeks post op and getting back into wearing shoes regularly.

If you have a Facebook account there is a really good group on there, I survived a Bunionectomy, with people who are going through the same thing..so much help and advice for questions that you may have along the way through your recovery...

well worth joining us.

• Posted

i developed horrible blisters next to my incision site as well as the sides of my feet. i will 1000% agree some of my blisters were a result to the bandage being too tight and my foot swelling but the rate at which i got the blisters and the itchiness and pain associated just didnt add up. i was getting blisters with nothing wrapped on my foot... i found out through a dermetologist i had an allergy to the adhesives in the steri-strips and they had to use regular stiches for my second surgery... my second surgery came and i still got friction blisters which was normal but i also got the small blisters again around the incisions. with no adhesives used this time i went to my dermetologist for answers. with it being extremley rare and not alot of data surrounds it... i found out i have a bad alelrgy to nickel. (i knew i had a sensitivity to nickel but nothing major) surgical grade metal has traces (even if it is small) of nickel that ended up getting into my bloodstream and caused the blisters around the surgical site. so it might be a good thought to go to a derm if yours does not clear up and you start getting issues as i did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.