bunion surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i just want to share some good news about bunion surgery, i had a bunionectomy and osteotomy a week ago today and have been given a wedge shoe and crutchs, iv had a really good experience, no pain and not required any pain relife, i have found i can walk without the shoe and crutches and have been doing light house work and have not had my foot up much, i have a staple in the toe and have my dressings of in a week, has anyone else had such good experiences?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Adele,

My name is ellen I am almost 5 weeks post op, I am 55 years old so I antiipated a long healing process,I  am still wearing the boot and the pain is minimal now,just trying to walk ,but it seems I am side walking,without the boot,and not bending my knee when I am walking.I work in Retail so I need to wals real soon,I havw a velcro compression bandage on my foot now,I will be going back on wed.I will tell you more then.I am glad you had a good experience,you are though among the few i have seen or read about in this forum. ill talk to you soon....Ellen

• Posted

My Akin Osteotomy operation was done June 2014 when I had to wear the surgical boot for six weeks even while sleeping. The only problem was leaving the spacer between my toes for too long leaving a permanent space which was my fault. Now I can't wear flip flops without it falling off being loose between the toes. Other than that I'm very happy with the operation. You're very lucky not having any pain relief wherefore I was on it for six weeks causing constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.