Bunion surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

i just had bunion surgery 5 days ago on left foot. I have a scooter which is much more helpful than the crutches. I was wondering if anyone was feeling weakness and slight dizziness. When they get out of the reclining position with elevated foot. When I attempt to get up and do anything, I want to immediately go back and lie down.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I didn't feel l these symptoms. I did feel like blood was rushing to my foot when I lowered it after having it elevated, but it was not bad. It might be the type or strength medicine you are taking is what's causing the feeling you are having. Also, 5 days out is not long in the scope of recovery, so this may fade away within a few more day. You might put a call in to your doctor as well to see the if they might assist with this.

Wishing you the best and a very speedy recovery! 😊

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I am not good at sitting still . I stopped the pain meds and just am taking Tylenol. That seems to help a bit.
    • Posted

Hi. I also feel like blood is rushing to my feet. Today is my seventh day since the op. I'm tired of laying on my bed. My doctor said the feeling is normal I should not worry. Every day I'm doing the exercises my physiotherapist showed me and taking the xarelto tabs for blood clots
    • Posted

Keep on keeping on! Bed rest, pain, etc should have been explained as part of your recovery. Do too much too soon and you'll pay.... like me!!😉 Speedy recovery wishes to you!
  • Posted

Hi - are you on liquid morphine? That might have effects on your balance?
    • Posted

No morphine. Stopped taking the pain meds yesterday. That had helped alot. But i still feel like i get tired quicker. I guess this is part of the healing process. I am not good at sitting still.
  • Posted

I agree with Sheree - 5 days is no time since your op. A knee scooter can be quite hard work (at least, that was my experience). Are you actually lying down with foot raised for most of the day or sat up with foot raised? If you're lying down for a lot of the time, then I'd expect to feel pretty dizzy and weak. Hope you feel better soon and remember to take it easy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.