Bunion Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had bunion surgery on August 17th. My surgery was pretty extensive. I was just curious to know if anyone else who has had bunion surgery, had a pin going through their big toe. And if so, when it was removed did you experience a lot of pain?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rlburke432

I felt no pain at all during the removal of the K-wire, and the procedure was performed without anesthesia. So, I think you have no reason to be worried.  It all depends, of course, on the surgeon's skill,  My surgeon was an experienced orthopaedic surgeon (MD). Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you. My podiatrist who performed the surgery will be doing the removal. He did suggest I save one of my pain pills to take the night before. And I guess that's why I've been so worried about it. Plus I have a very low pain tolerance. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.