Bunion Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a week out from my surgery...Should I be able too walk...Because right now I can't put any pressure on my heel...Is this normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi,

what bunion surgery did they do? i had both feet operated on last year and they were both different types of surgery?

• Posted

I had a exostectomy that is where he cut the bunion off and doesn't perform a realignment...But I know he told me he was straightening my big toe...I go back next week for my two visit and I will have more details on my foot...Hopefully I'll be able too take baby steps because right now I can't and I have a small bunion on the right foot but I don't know if I'm going too get it done because its not messing with me.

• Posted

I had both feet done 7 weeks ago with minimally invasive technique and I was weight bearing from right after surgery. Your surgeon should've told you if you're allowed to walk.

• Posted

On my orders it said too bear weight that I can tolorate...

• Posted

Then keep trying. It will get better. It's a very weird feeling. I remember the first few days I didn't even want to go to the toilet. But you will get used to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.