Bunion Surgery hurts part 2 - photo.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Addition to my last post - thought I'd upload a photo of one of my feet 13 days after surgery - it will give you an idea of what to expect. I found this helped a lot, as the surgeon who did mine really didn't want to tell me exactly what he'd done. I mean, he REALLY didn't, talking down to me, assuming I wouldn't understand. Once I'd seen it unwrapped, I felt better mentally, as I was more aware of what was causing the pain. You know, fear of the unknown, etc. The plaster room nurse was the nicest, friendliest, most understanding person I met throughout the whole experience, and even she explained more than he did. Anyway, I hope the image helps, and I'm sorry if it puts some people off! (It is a bit Frankenstein-esque!)

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hurry up mod Im intrigued :D Yeah I read about your Op, it sounds quite serious smile
  • Posted

Whoa thats nasty, so is there a screw in there somewhere,, hehe that sounds rude :oops: :D
  • Posted

Sorry to sound a bit negative, but my wife had the same operation 4 months ago - scarf osteotomy of the first metatarsal [i:a6215d5c3c]and[/i:a6215d5c3c] a wedge osteotomy of the proximal phalanx and it looked much neater at that stage. Once the stiches were out, the scars were barely visible. She still gets some pain and swelling, but it's not too bad now. The surgeon was very forthcoming with information both before and after the operation. Sorry to say, yours looks like a butcher has been at it!

Regards

Keith

• Posted

[quote:37383c044e=\"Dr_Spock\"]Whoa thats nasty, so is there a screw in there somewhere,, hehe that sounds rude :oops: :D[/quote:37383c044e]

:roll: 2 screws actually...! Well.....life goes on, doesn't it?! :oops:

• Posted

[quote:d5f273ae1d=\"bogbrush\"]Sorry to sound a bit negative, but my wife had the same operation 4 months ago - scarf osteotomy of the first metatarsal [i:d5f273ae1d]and[/i:d5f273ae1d] a wedge osteotomy of the proximal phalanx and it looked much neater at that stage. Once the stiches were out, the scars were barely visible. She still gets some pain and swelling, but it's not too bad now. The surgeon was very forthcoming with information both before and after the operation. Sorry to say, yours looks like a butcher has been at it!

Regards

Keith[/quote:d5f273ae1d]

:cry: Thanks for that - it feels like a butcher has been at it! The other foot only has one row of butchery stitches, so I think that one was just sawn off!

• Posted

Hi Gin & Tonic

Thanks for your reply on my other post. I must admit when I saw this pic before I had my stiches out I convinced myself my foot would NOT look like that ....

WELL as you can imagine my foot looked identical to yours.... I got very upset when I saw it but then i remembered your pic and thought hey that is the same ! so Thank u it really helped

I have been lucky as I do not have to wear plaster cast's so I am already 2 pots down on the coco butter and it looks nearly normal ??????

and it is so straight .....how exciting

Ps it will not let me upload a photo !!! how annoying

• Posted

Hi Shoegirl

What problems are you having uploading the file? Providing it is a .jpg there should be no problem.

If you manage to upload it and press Submit, the post will automatically be alerted to the Moderators. We only allow people to post relevant medical photo's and therefore these need to be approved by us.

Try again and see what happens.

Regards

Lin

• Posted

3 weeks post opp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.