Bunion surgery=pain on top of foot???

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 10 weeks post op bunion surgery. The day I had the cast removed, I fell about 30 minutes later. I have been experiencing pain as my bunion heels, but am having the most pain from the top of my foot. Just about straight back from my 3&4 th toes. My surgery was pretty involved, but should I be feeling pain in that area or is this the result of the fall I took right after my cast was removed? Went to ER and all they could say was it wasn't broken. My doctor is on vacation. Any advice please!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm 5 weeks op.on my 2nd foot.The top of mine is hurting too.I haven't seen my Doctor in 3 weeks. On vacation as well.I'm seeing him today.My pain is like bone bruise, aches all the way up to my leg then stops.Hopefully x-rays I'll let you know what I find out..Hope you get to feeling better.

• Posted

Hi I had the bandage taken on Tuesday, the shape of my foot looks better although still smaller and with stitches!

I was hoping for the pin removed from my second toe but I need to wait the 21st Jan.

I started physio 3 times a day, I need to walk around with my foot flat, I am happy I can drive ( automatic car!) but I am very slow at walking.

During the night I have to wear a tutor on my big toe, it is ok but when I wake up in the morning my foot is super stiff and painful.

Overall I cannot complain but I still have a long time to recover.

My biggest worry is my second toe which seems not responding to commands and goes up!

• Posted

I had cast for 12 weeks and been out for 2 1/2 weeks. U am slowly starting to walk like baby steps. I list balance last Thursday, talk about painful. My foot feels real funny like I still have Guaze bandages and a plaster cast on it . It's a weird feeling g. Also experiencing pain in my ankle guess from being non weight bearing and now trying to bear weight. My surgery was also pretty extensive and had to go back for a second. Also had screws in foot for 12 weeks.

• Posted

Mine was done 12.5 weeks ago and same thing pain on top, ankle, and arch. I see him in 2 days so I will let you know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.