Bunionectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this forum. I'm five weeks post op after scarfe bunionectomy. All seems to be going well - still wearing the boot but don't use the crutches at home only to go up and down stairs. On my post-op two week checkup I was asked by the surgeon to bring the other shoe to the one that I have been wearing on my non-op foot with me on my next visit to the hospital. I've tried this shoe on a couple of times, and yes the swelling has gone down considerably, but there is no way I would be able to wear the other shoe in the forseeable future. So what shoes would anyone recommend? I don't fancy trainers. I do have a pair of Birkenstocks - full toe, slip ons. Has anyone bought sandals/shoes with velcro fastenings? I'll be spending the summer in Portugal so need something, practical and suitable cool definately not a fashion statement.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Where you from.  I got a fab pair Velcro sandals from online catalogue called fifty plus.  They have wide and ex wide shoes 
    • Posted

Hi Joan,

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the Manchester area. I know the site you mentioned, so I'll have a look over the weekend.

• Posted

Lindylou,

Tho I'm a male I found the best shoe for me early on were crocs. I'm 14 weeks left foot and Crocs feels fine. I'm 5 weeks right foot and still in a boot. It takes alot of time to get into a sneaker altho I did get into onje about 7 - 8 weeks. Good luck. You will be there soon.

• Posted

Hi

There is a shop at the Lowry Outlet that sells very sensible shoes, eg Pavers I got a pair and they have double velcro fastenings across the front so you can make one sandal wider than the other. I didn't risk ordering online as I knew i would struggle to find a pair to fit. As the swelling goes down you can asjust the width quite easily. Another place to try is Ena Mill at Atherton they have a lot of these type of shoes.

_____

Good Luck cool

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an URL (a link) from this reply as it was unsuitable for inclusion within these forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

patient.info/forums/discuss/private-messages-226361

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.