bunionless pals

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am 3weeks post op.went out 2day down 2 my work and had breaky.my son came with me,was going 2 go on the bus but my pal thought it was 2 early and told me 2 get a taxi so i did what i was told lol.had a good couple of hours out and they had got me beautiful flowers.it made my day and i feel good just a wee bit tired.it was good 2 get fresh air we take everything 4 granted until we cant do it.hope u are okay bob and not in as much pain.all my bunionless friend hope u are all having a good day.speak 2 u all soon.take care.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there Mary. Great that you got out and I was told that flowers do make a woman's day. You are so lucky to be getting around after 3 weeks. It does get easier and we definitly learn patience. Good luck my friend. 
    • Posted

yes bob flowers certainly do make my day.i hope u are on the mend and ur infection heals quickly.u have not had it easy but it will all be worth it and u do need patience.u know what us ladies are like when we see things that need done but i have good support and that makes the difference.u are so lucky 2 have ur lovely lady,she sounds like a angel.happy healing bob.

• Posted

Hi Mary I am also at 3 week stage and getting round a lot more but find that my foot swells up and gets hot if I do too much. Yes it is good to be able to get around and go out but one tends to forget things are going to takr timre and patience is the name of the game. How much are you on your feet now ?
    • Posted

i am starting 2 get out 4 a wee while now but where ever i go i sit with my foot up as much as possible.dont want 2 undo all the good work.i go back 2 hospital 2 weeks on thursday and thats me 6 weeks post op.hopefully i will get bandage off and no shoe.doc will look at it and decide if it needs 2 be on another 2 weeks.i think because i dont have pain now i can do more but ur foot will let u know u cant.my toes are just a bit stiff and i can feel the stitches.hope ur recovery goes well and it sounds normal what is happening 2 u .happy healing.

• Posted

Hi all!

I'm 2 weeks post op, my bandages are pretty bloody but having them changed in 10 days - I was wondering, do they out new bandages on? What do you do about wound care after?

Just want to make sure I'm prepared and have everything I need.

Also, how long was it before you were allowed to start walking around, other than to get up to use the bathroom etc?

Thank you,

Jess

• Posted

Jess, once you have you stitches out there are different phases for different procedures. My doctor supplied me with everything I needed for wound care. No weight bearing for me almost 6 weeks. Long, long slow process. Patience, ice and elevation.
    • Posted

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the fast reply!

If you don't mind me asking, what procedure did you have?

Hopefully I'll be supplied with everything I need but if not, I'm sure someone will get them for me. I'm just very cautious with wounds.

Thank you,

Jess

• Posted

Partial Ludloff, partial Austin in which I have no clue really what it is except I have two screws and a Staple and 3 breaks in my toe and bunion joint. Today my incision broke open and I have an infection. I may be heading to ER shortly for intervenous antibiotics.
    • Posted

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Bob.

All the best and I wish you a speedy recovery

• Posted

If your on FB a good site to follow. I SURVIVED A BUIONONECTOMY.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.