Bunions returned?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone that has had bunion surgery has had re-occurrence that requires surgery. If so, how long did it take to come back? Mine reoccurred in 15 months and I am trying to determine if this is normal or not. I don't feel like it is...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had it done in 2016 and no it have not returned because my doctor put a titanium plate in my foot to keep it from returning. My doctor said that without the plate it will return.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I'm glad that yours has not come back. I hope that it never does. my doctor also put a titanium plate in my foot and 6 screws! Yet mine has come back. That's one of the reasons I feel like something isn't quite right about this.

• Posted

Hello, sorry to hear it's come back, mine did too after only a few months. The left toe where the bunion returned was under corrected, the right toe was over corrected and looks great. The surgeon won't re-operate because he says he has removed the bunion and I am angry about this as it's looks just as bad as pre op and aches with pre-stabbing pains. I am due to see him in December and feel like asserting myself, no more Mrs Nice Guy. If he doesn't re-operate I will complain. The thought of going thru all that pain again if he does change his mind is distressing as well. I think he is possibly trying to save his reputation and may be saving the NHS some money by denying me a re-op

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that yours has come back as well. Has your doctor said why he won't re-do it? I had a different doctor for the surgery that has re-occurred. But my current doctor (has done my other foot and it looks great!) is from the same office so he won't be straight up with me about why it really has occurred. I personally want to get the first one fixed but unless they are willing to help with some of the cost because it wasn't done correctly the first time, there is no way I can afford it for a third time!

• Posted

No he hasn't said why he wont do re-do it, I think he is in denial that he got it wrong in the first place. I'm in the UK so we have the National Health Service which covers all costs regardless of the illness because we pay stamp duty throughout our working lives which is the same amount regardless of what health issues we have. That said, there is sometimes withdrawal of money for certain operations at certain times, not sure of this might also be the case. He is trying to make out that I shouldn't have any pain but it's now worse than before the op and I'm certainly not lying! I think your guy got it wrong as well so hopefully you can make a case for financial help. Good luck.

• Posted

HI SARAH

YEAH MINE HAVE RETURNED TOO

IT IS 2 YEARS SINCE MY SURGERY

I AM ABSOLUTELY GUTTED TOO

DONT KNOW IF I COULD GO THROUGH IT AGAIN!

• Posted

Yes, I had surgery 2 years ago and mine is back but it's in a different spot. I saw a new podiatrist yesterday and she said she would have fixed this along with the other issue I had so I wouldn't ahve had to come back. But here we are.......sucks really! I also need knee replacements, so I'm debating weather to do the foot first, or the knees.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.