bunnion operation and second toe op

Posted , 6 users are following.

****still have look of bunion on the side of my foot althougth had operation in July

also my foot is still swollen at times is this right

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

seems right. mine was performed in AUG.

6-12 months to expect it to be swollen.

i think the bunion is gone , it seems like its still there because its swollen.

• Posted

Yes it is. I was told it takes 9 to 12 months before the swelling on the foot is gone. Unfortunately the foot needs to be up as much as possible.

Marie

• Posted

Hi

my bunion and deformity was massive. it was done in March.

I still have some deformity, but nothing like it was. Nothing like foot still to be operated on.

I don't have swelling but I was told it could take a year to 18 months to heal completely. I did have other things done though.

If it swells raise it and ice it ASAP but sounds about right. this surgery is not a quick fix.

take care.

• Posted

THATS NOT RIGHT I HAD SURGERY IN APRIL AND I HAD CORTISONE SHOTS YESTERDAY FOR SWELLING AND THE SAME LOOK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NOW... CHECK IT OUT!!

• Posted

Hi Susan. I'm not sure. From so many before n after pictures I've seen you could say it's not right. But it seems people's experiences are different. Speaking personally I had my bunion shaved (not by choice) on 21st Sept 18 and my foot looks no different to before surgery. Very disheartening after the long recovery. However looking at my x-ray the bunion very definitely is gone so it's confusing to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.