Burn

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

i have a burn on my neck which happened on Sunday (4 days ago) and i was wondering if anyone knew what type of burn it is (first degree/2nd degree etc) I attach a picture and believe it or not it looks much than before. Do you think it will scar and how long will it take for the color to go down? i dont know if its healing or not. the outside of the burn is scabby.

thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Looks like it’s 2nd degree but google pictures. 3rd goes through all the tissue layers. Second degree usually blisters. It may scar but if it does ScarAway works well to minimize. Also google milk. I know if you immediately soak a second or first degree burn in milk it virtually goes away. I’ve done this after directly touching a heated oven rack and it never even blistered. Soaked about 15 minutes (til the pain stops). I have no clue if it works after the fact. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Jean, thanks for you response. I have googled pictures but couldn't really see any burns that looked like mine so was't sure. It's really getting me down, I'm quiet, not talkative as i feel like im going to cry at any moment. Its so ugly and i feel like its going to stay like this forever. 

• Posted

Hi Jade to be honest from the picture you can't tell, it could be 1st or 2nd but whichever it is you need to seek medical attention just to get it checked for infection as it looks slightly inflamed round the edges, how did you treat it when you first did it, was it curling tongues?

• Posted

Hi Alexandria,

To be honest i covered it in water for a bit but didn't do much to it until the it started to "scab" . That;s when I started to cover it boots "burn plaster kit" and I've been using Savlon advanced healing gel (i have used this on a previous burn before). The edges are scabs, they feel quite rough to touch. Yes i did this from a curling tong. It's really getting me down as I feel like its going to look that that forever. 

• Posted

Hi Jade you did mostly all the right things, and I promise another week and it will feel so much better, once it's gone down use plenty of moisturizer and it will probably leave a small white scar which you can cover with a small amount of makeup, when your doing it next time put a towel round your neck to cover the area, they get very hot so real care is needed When using them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.