Burn in specific spot in urethra when urinating and post ejaculation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a cycstocopy in september of 2018. I have another one this month on the 10th. Nothing was found during the Scope and my urodynamics showed I have an obstruction which has been deemed a bladder neck obstruction. At the 7 month point I could no longer squeeze the last few drops of urine out of my bladder or urethra. This happened one day out of the blue. Sometimes my stream will hit 8ml/s, it averages between 12-15ml/s and sometimes it'll even hit 20ml/s. This is supposedly due to my bladder neck not opening correctly.

I am supcious that the cystoscopy caused a stricture but I have no evidence and will find out within the next week. Sometimes when I urinate I will have a slight sting about 1/4 down from the opening of my urethra. It's worse when my urine is more concentrated. It gets really bad when I try to squeeze the last bits left over in my bladder and my whole urethra feels like it's being stabbed with a hot poker.

Something that is bothering me is after I ejaculate I seem to leak a large amount of post-ejaculate. It's see through and really stings that specific spot. I can milk my urethra, get it all out and I will always know when i'm leaking more or some is in my urethra because i'll get a sharp sting. it goes away when i milk it and get it out. Sometimes I'll look because there is that sting and I will have a large blob of post-ejac just sitting there at the opening of my penis.

Why would it sting at the end of urination (rarely) and always sting every-time post-ejac leaks? It doesn't burn during urination nor when I ejaculate. Ejaculation force seem strong. Why at that one specific location? I'm thinking it's scar tissues but my urologist thinks it's highly unlikely and it's probably due to my urethra not emptying and the urine has inflamed that part of my urethra.

opinions?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

just to add; sometimes flat the end if urination, i will clench my pelvic floor to get the rest of the urine out, ill feel my urethra fill up with urine but nothing comes out. ill then have to manually remove it by milking my penis. urologist said this is down to the baldder neck closing too early and not allowing any pressure to push the urine along. Nit sure that I 100% agree with this. feels more like a blockage to me.

• Posted

hi Jason, cystoscopies can very often cause new urethral stritches, I had 3 last year, and one of them caused more a new stricture. I m undergoing complete urethral reconstruction. Cystoscopies can also tighten the bladder neck, making the emptying process trickier. In general the burning sensation will be focused on exact location of stritches but can spread, in your case I would say there is more then

just one spot. Sting and burning is directly related to both stritches and bladder neck tightening. Are they gonna also dialate in your next cystoscopies, if they detect stritches they should, did they asses if you would be in need of a BNI ??

• Posted

thank you for your reply, carlo.

can i ask what caused your stricture and does yours feel like bee stings?

• Posted

LS, penetrating inside my urethra, destroying tube skin. Both LS stritches, and stritches caused be invasive procedures can give bee stings. In your case I would do another cystoscopy asap

• Posted

as from the first time you did a cystoscopy is important to check developments inside you urethral tube. Stritches on any part of the urethra can make the bladder work harder, and therefore create for tightness on the bladder neck, the sting feeling relates to all this.

• Posted

Thanks, Carlo. I am having another scope next Monday. What are your symptoms. I hope your surgery is successful!

• Posted

good, glad your checking on it. Does your current urologist perform reconstructions ? I find it better to deal with an expert that does the most invasive surgeries, so it can guide

you on weather you need it or not, not saying you need it, early stage yet. Most urologists do not perform invasive reconstruction procedures, and rely on not very effective methods.

Let me know the results of your scope, I m sure they ll dilate a bit the urethra

• Posted

hi Jason, how was your scope ??

• Posted

ei Jason, how s your condition going, especially your bladder neck?

I will need soon a BNI

• Posted

Hello, Carlo. I could not reply as I lost my password but now have it back. I had my scope and no stricture was found but a tight bladder neck was found. But since my recent scope I now have burning sometimes when I pee, and sometimes a random sting and itch at the base of my urethra. I am on FLOMAX for my bladder neck and it does help, but I will eventually have to have a BNI. But now I am worried that the 2nd scope has caused a stricture either at my external sphincter or bulbas urethra and I don't know if I should have a 3rd scope to check.

How are you doing?

• Posted

hi Jason, urological team should always perform a cysto prior any sort of urological procedure, just to make ya an ex, if you ll undergo BNI, they ll do cysto first, and lets say (really hope not) they spot stritches, they ll dilate them, then perform high or mid incision on the bladder neck. But since your cysto has been done recently I would say is more your bladder neck tightening/narrowing further passage out of bladder. Hows your pelvic area doing? tight bladder neck will give you boiling pain while voiding, and at any other time.

I had my BNI done last week, and voiding like back in high school so over 20ys ago, now spending little time in the bathroom, all the pelvic pressure lower abs has gone, flow super fast, and it also lowers risks of tract infections. Will also slowly improve voiding frequency. But considering op is only 30 mins aprox, recov not short at least 3 weeks. has incision needs time to properly heal.

• Posted

my BNI was a small cut incisicion on high neck with collins knife at 3 and 9 o clock to capsule, by delaying this procedure would have been a much bigger incision...

they went in the middle and stayed away from the bottom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.