Burned finger - don’t know what to do

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. So. This is extremely embarrassing.

I happened to burn my forefinger (at the lower joint) on a candle this morning about 3 hours ago and it was sort of just stinging a bit. It’s been run under cold water and doesn’t hurt much now unless I apply pressure to it. There’s now what I think is a small white blister just over half a centimetre long there - aside from that the area is kinda reddish. Does anyone know anything about burns; if so what I should do? Just a bit concerned as the internet is making me feel like I’m about to die, when it is only small.

stuff that I read: “a blister means a partial-thickness burn and it may be best to see a doctor or nurse”

“Go straight to casualty for partial-thickness burns on the face, hands, arms, feet, legs or genitals”

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The stinging is quite painful, but other than running under cold water again and again I don't see what else I can do.

• Posted

You should be just fine. Best thing to do for a burn like that is to immediately soak it in milk til the pain goes away (10 minutes maybe). Usually a blister won't form that way. I've never waited this long to do this, but can't see how it could hinder the healing. It's worth a try. If not, just don't break the blister, let it heal on it's own.

• Posted

Hi so long as you leave it alone it will be fine, it would be classified as a minor burn and if you went to A&E they would probably advice putting some thing like germoline or burneze on it but if you leave it alone and keep it clean it will be fine.

try not to let Dr Google scare you he can be a real drama queen 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.