Burning abdominal pains that only go away when I lie down 5 weeks later

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been in pain for on off 6 weeks now.

During the first week of pain I went to my GP and he diagnosed cystitis.  Put me on antibiotics but symptoms were not gone by the end of the antibiotics.  I then requested a renewal of the persciption which i only received 4 days later and completed that course and feeling a bit better. That was when i came on to my period. After my period the pain returned in the lower right of my abdomen which made me seriously worry that i might have apendicitis.  This was when i realised i had not had a bowel movement for a week or so.  I then started on herbal diarettics and glycerine suppositories.  This too helped for a while and the pain the the lower right of my abdomen disappeared.  But now it seemed to move the the left hand side.  By this time i had finished the suppositories and diarettics.  Now I feel a solid mass above my belly button when i lie down (do not feel it when standing)  i have a burning pain around the whole of my belly button area (internally) when sitting or standing and each time i cough it hurts like hell.

During this time i have also been taking ibucine (ibuprofen) for the pain.  But bear in mind i am codine intolerant.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any diarrhoea as well as the constipation?  Do any foods set it off.  Have you tried a food diary?
    • Posted

No food diary but been trying very hard to stick to fresh veg soup for the last few days.  I have however cut out carbonated drinks, alcohol as well as coffee.

I have intermitted diarrhoea but then it is very short lived and just the tiniest amount comes out

• Posted

Has your doctor mentioned IBS since your pain moves about and you have bowel habit change?
    • Posted

Go back to your doctor and ask about IBS which can make your periods feel worse.  Your period can also make IBS worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.