Burning after urine and burning while sitting also

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello friends, I am happy to join this forum and it helps me a lot .... My problem started 3 weeks ago first it was pinching kind of pain in penis for seconds then go away ... just to evaluate I go to urologist he perform Ultrasound & Urine analysis ... Urine analysis completely negative and ultrasound shows enlarge prostate .... I started medicines Levofloxacin 500 once daily ... after 2 days of medication slowly burning in urine started I ignore thought it could be UTI will be better with antibiotics but after 7 it goes worse and while sitting also it started burning feeling in penis urethra .. Then gone to uro he done PSA which comes 0.65 normal then he done CT Scan of kidneys to rule out stones it also comes negative no stones. He says its prostatitis it will take 4-6 weeks to cure and change the antibiotics to cipro 500 twice a day with tamsulin 0.4 in night .... Its being 2 weeks still same symptoms but yes when I move around I didnt get burning sensation much ... some times gets burning in penis and anus while passing stool ... Anyone has similar experiences please share and suggest me any remedies

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I used to get burning in my urethra after urinating but not while sitting. Never got burning in anus. I discovered that the burning occurred, after I drank a drink with Cayenne powder or tabasco sauce in it.

• Posted

I've been dealing with the same symptoms and diagnosed with acute prostatitis for about eight to ten weeks now. Even though I tested negative for infection, I have gone through two courses of oral antibiotics. Also should mention that I was admitted to the hospital for five days of IV antibiotics and Dilaudid, a potent pain med that helped, but with side effects of constipation and acid reflux. Back home now on oral Dilaudid , Gabapentin (a nerve pain drug) and laxatives in addition to antacids to help with acid reflux. Seeing a small decrease in need for pain med in the last 24 hours. Hoping for continued improvement so I can get off the meds completely.

I'll try to update periodically on this debilitating condition in the hope of helping others.

• Posted

After surgery I had a burning sensation when peeing.

My solution is a powder called URAL which is dissolved in water and drunk.

It alkalinises the urine (i.e. lowers the acidicty) and in 5 mins I peed with NO burning.

• Posted

I will look for that one. I've received a little help from Azo, which also turns urine bright orange. Available without a prescription.

• Posted

I forgot to add that URAL is available without a Rx and is benign as in no bad side effects and no risk of addiction. That said, even though I have not needed it for 6 mths, I always have it with me when traveling. Just in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.