Burning and stinging in throat and gullet

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering with acid reflux and heart burn for about 10 years resent years taking PPI medication and Gaviscon the last few months it's been having flare ups of mostly heartburn but yesterday morning I had breakfast cornflakes with demon skimed milk as normal then about half hour later I refluxed and Gould feel my breakfast in my gullet and throat I quickly drank water to wash in back down from that I've had this terrible stinking and burning with pain in middle of lower part of chest I've had no sleep with stinking in throat making my eyes water can anyone give me done advice on what will help stop this I've had Gaviscon and allo Vera Juce that made it worse ? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I experienced a few times what you are talking about. Horrid, horrid feeling..when i feel pain coming on, I eat a slice of RED DELICIOUS apple. I read that on one of these forums and it really did seem to help ..but eat b4 it gets tremendous. At first sign of burning..I got off ppi's and just do organic apple cider vinegar each morning. Read up on natural ways of helping, and maybe you too can find something that helps..I truly feel for you, because I know the pain...

• Posted

Hi thanks for suggesting that but I think if I watch an apple it would sting my gullet even more as it's feeling very sore and raw at the moment but I will try that when I'm not so bad 

• Posted

I understand..sure hope you find something to coat and soothe yr throat. ..miserable feeling for sure..
    • Posted

I've woken up this morning and I feel raw still and stinging in gullet just as bad now my voice is affected your the only one that's responded to my question surly we are not the only two that get this problem how long does this last when you get it 

• Posted

There are several on a sight called My story and how I beat globus sensation. . It's a really good site..many really good supporters..when you say gullet, what are you referring to? Sorry, but not sure. Stomach? I have issues in throat, burning , raw feeling. ENT said the rawness is from the acid rising up in my throat burning it. Sometimes eating chips an nuts seems to scratch it as well. Really try to stay away from fried and spicy foods..my ENT never said anything about diet. Shame on him. I feel many WANT us on ppis..I don't like side affects..please research diet changes. That's the hardest but best posible solution. Until then..keep on keeping on and go into the patient forum I just told u about. Lots of support..take care..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.