Burning and tingling thighs and legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ! I have episodes of the most awful burning and tingling in my thighs and legs. I don't have a diagnosis but wondered if this could be fibromyalgia. I have had upper back pain for the last year now but the awful.pains in my legs is wearing me down.

Does this sound like fibromyalgia?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gerrymoo,

I'm sorry you are having problems, the way you describe things sounds just like what I have in my legs, caused by fibromyalgia.  Today has been awful and I've ended up in tears a couple of times.

You should explain how you feel to your GP and ask for a referral to a Rheumatologist, they will do blood tests X rays, scans etc and hopefully be able to prescribe something to help you.  Fibro is really awful, I also have RA and Osteo which doesn't help.   Good luck, I hope you get some relief soon.

• Posted

Hi Sukes, thank you for taking the time to reply. I always thought FM was just pain, only recently heard that pins and needles might be part of it.

It's terrible some nights and then into the day, when it starts wearing off my skin just feels sore.

What can they possibly prescribe for it and what do you find helps?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Gerrymoo,

I agree with Sukes you need to get a diagnosis to take the worry away, I also get the burning and tingling especially in my knees sometimes they feel like they are on fire, like sukes I also have RA I think probably the weakness gets me down more than the pain.

Good luck L.

• Posted

There isn't a blood test for Fibro but they will do lots of tests to eliminate any other arthritic problem, then they do  an examination as Fibro has pressure points and if you have a good percentage of them they will diagnose Fibro. there are so many arthritic conditions people think when you say arthritis of RA and Osteo but there are lots of others.

you need to ask your GP for a refferal to Rheumatology.

L.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying, how does arthritis cause burning skin sensation and pins and needles ?
    • Posted

Hi,

As I said yesterday the word arthritis  is confusing , there are a lot of Rheumatoid conditions that do not affect the joints. Just give you muscle pain fatigue burning pins and needles. and the things you have described, some of these are things like Sjogren's syndrome Polymyalgia Rhematica Lupus and lots of others. most of these conditions are caused by your immune system turning in on itself I am no doctor and you need to speak to your GP before he sends you to a consultant there are tests he can do to rule out some of the things I have mentioned. I only know some of this because I have had autoimmune disease for many years,

But we are all different your first stop needs to be your GP.

Good luck.  L.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.