Burning blather, inner thighs, lower back, and abdomen

Posted , 7 users are following.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

So I have had UTI symptoms for the last three weeks. Prior to this past Sunday symptoms included: lower back pain (throbbing), upper sharp back pain, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea, incontinence, fatigue and vaginal burning. I have been prescribed three medications over the past two weeks, including utilizing a convenience care on Sunday, in which they stated that my urine did not show a UTI, but prescribed me two medications - I have two pills left of one medication and today is my final day. I continue to have lower burning back pain, abdominal burning, fatigue, and vaginal and inner thigh burning. The care center called today and stated that my culture came back negative. I’m stressed to the max, and I have no idea what to do about this pain. I’m pretty sure the nurses on Sunday thought I was mental given I was so adamant about my burning and pain sensations. Has anyone had similar experiences? Anyone have any suggestions? Could these symptoms possibly be stress induced??

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thelma, 

I know that my UTI's are sometimes linked to stress, I witnessed a friend having a stroke a couple of weeks ago and withing 24 hours I had a UTI start and it has happened similarly to this before, mine originally began after having a hysterectomy 2 years ago, but stress is definitely a factor where I'm concerned on occasion.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you have a family doctor?  I'd start with getting a basic physical including blood work.  As far as I know, diarrhea, incontinence, and fatigue are not typical UTI symptoms.   A uti involving the kidney could cause back pain, but if you had that I would think that you would have a fever and your culture would be positive.  Did all of these symptoms occur before you started your medications?  I ask this because maybe the medications are causing the diarrhea.   I think the best suggestion for you is to find a good internist and get a complete physical.  Emergency doctors do not have your health history, making it difficult for them to diagnose.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

There is a good chance it isn't a uti, it couple be possible you have a vaginal infection instead, they can mimic a uti, possibly yeast.  The fact that culures ar negative but you still have symptoms. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Stress affects your entire body. But UTI’s are usually brought on by improper diet..eg not enough liquids/ fruits/ vegetables/... and a diet much too high in sugar content eg.. pasta breads/ sweets/ fried foods... and I absolutely know this for a fact because I’ve followed the latter diet for years and paid the consequences for it?? Chronic UTI’s!

I finally accepted I was in cintros of my diet. Me. No one else!

Changed my diet to the first and finally (touchwood)... it’s under control. 

Good luck, sweetie ???? Follow the diet... UTI’s will not be a problem for you ever again 😊

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up