Burning bones and pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been having lower back ache and neck ache for a few weeks, the last 2 weeks has come worse. its it up my spine and in my hands and legs and even feet, it is a burning pain which seems worse when I lie down on my back.

Has anybody had anything like this? if so what was the cause, I am really worried about bone cancer.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you were to ask this question on an arthritis forum everyone would have a simialr tale to tell! However - there are a lot of things, starting with back muscle problems. Bone cancer is pretty unlikely - why do you think it is something so bad when there are dozens of simple things it is more likely to be? Get a GP appointment and thet them do the worrying about what it might be.
    • Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I’ve had so much going on over the past 3 months. Started with acid reflux and then had cameras which were normal. Then spitting blood and had a ct scan to check lungs they were fine. They did find a white mass in my boob, which I went to the breast clinic who advised it was a cyst and syringed it. 

I’m 50 and perimenopause was mentioned, but I feel burning in the bones with pains are severe for that, I have been having really bad night sweats too. 

Thanks 

• Posted

I think to be honest it is much more likely you may have developed an autoimmune problem - that your doctors are overlooking because of your age. It is a very common problem - I was fobbed of by a male GP as "probably your age" for 5 years. Another lady had similar symptoms that WERE associated with the menopause and which were sorted out with HRT. I haven't heard anyone saying that their pains are worse when lying down - is there a time that is worse? Overnight, for example? Any other problems?

• Posted

Hi

It’s more burning in my bones which is driving me mad, I don’t wake up in the night in pain but can be uncomfortable sometimes. They have done bloods for main organs and calcium which I’ve been told are normal, I was anemic as I had heavy periods, I’m on iron tablets now so it’s gone up. I’d have thought anything very sinister would be detected in bloods but I don’t know. 

Just worrying all the time and feeling very anxious. 

• Posted

Then try to explain the pain sensation to your GP - and ask for spinal x-rays to rule out cervical spondylitis for a start.
    • Posted

I will do, I’m going to bupa tomorrow because I’ve not had many answers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.