Burning but no uti? Scared, need help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi so I've had three utis in the past month. I finished the antibiotics for the last one on Sunday. As a result I'm feeling a little paranoid whenever something feels off down there.

I currently have burning that feels like sun burn down there at the moment but the pain isn't getting any worse end is relieved with cold water. I was wondering if it's possible to have some irritation down there with out the infection. I have no bladder pain what so ever and no frequency.

Can someone please let me know if they have had this before?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Buy yourself some test strips , you can check your own urine for infection . I got mine on Amazon , it really gives me peace of mind . Take D Mannose daily for prevention .
  • Posted

Hi, Danielle,  are you taking a women's probiotic? Antibiotics will lessen, but not kill off, the overgrowth of bacteria that caused your infection to begin with.  In addition, did your doctor do a culture of the bacteria, or just give you an antibiotic?  It's important to treat a UTI with the appropriate antibiotic.

I suggest that you make sure to drink lots of water, say 8 cups a day, to flush out your urinary tract.  MD's will say that any liquid is okay to use, but some can further irritate sensitive tissues.   xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I am currently drinking 2 liters of water a day.

I haven't taken the probiotics for a few weeks now, should probably get back onto it. Thank you!

• Posted

Just make sure it's a women's probiotic, with cultures for your urinary tract and reproductive system.  Also, that it's coated well enough to withstand the acid in your stomach.  

Hope you feel better soon! xx

• Posted

I have had water infection for the last 6 weeks keep being given different antibiotics every time I stop I get it back🙈only this time it’s coming back and I am on antibiotics as I have a little blood when I pee so I am thinking it’s just keeping it at bay but not killing it

I asked my doctor to refer me to hospital which she has done but not on the 2 weeks wait

I took D mannose for a year

and my infections were nil during that time but unfortunately they have come back and with e coil bug it’s very difficult to get rid of

Really had enough now and Doctor not taking it seriously wouldn’t believe when I have

Infection that antibiotics usually calm it down within 1-2 hours said it takes 24 hours to get into system if anybody has any helpful tips I would be grateful x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.