Burning Chest pain

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello, 

My name is David and I a a 22 year old male who recently went to the hospital for chest pain. I figured it wasnt a heart attack because i never got pain in the center of my chest. It is down towards the sternum and up my right and left side of my inner breast. I had an EKG, Blood Test, and Xrays done while there and all they told me was chest wall inflamation. I was doing reading around and figure it is Costochondritis. I have a check up with my DR. this thursday but the pain is very irritating and anxiety isnt helping because i get all hot and sweaty, body weakness and a shaky feeling and pain in back,neck and sometimes arms. What are some ways to deal with it until i am maybe prescribed something because ibprofen only helps for so long. i am taking them every 4 hrs and have been applying ice. This is only the second day and my first time dealing with it so anything helps. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David,

sorry to hear you are also in pain. Hope your apointment went well. I heve been diagnosed about two months now and I have had pain for about a year. I am glad to read about other peoples experiences, including yours. Hope you´ll feel better soon and have more manageable pain.

Take care

• Posted

Hello thank you for replying

Appointment was good, was diagnosed with costochondritis and was told it will go away on its own. I am feeling alright today just need to control my anxiety so I dont worry. I am a healthy 23 year old who doesn't do drugs. I have also stopped drinking for a while until I get my anxiety under control again

• Posted

Good tho hear your appointment went well. To control your anxiety is a task on its own I guess. What helps for me is to walk...and just keep on doing my daily routine. You´re young and healthy keep that in mind!

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.