Burning chest pain into my back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been reading through this forum and I to have been experiencing issues ,

In 2015 I was having an issue with my stomach with food coming back up on me the doctors told me that the valve in my stomach relaxes to much and causes this .

I am 51 , male 5"11 225lbs . in general good health overall . Had all my basic tests when I turned 50 .

Colonoscopy, X-rays front - back , EKG , blood tests the works complete physical.

Last summer I began getting indigestion very badly , and a lot of it started just after I started my dental implant surgery work which is a slow going process , so of course eating issues are expected especially with chewing issues and the habit starts of just swallowing food and not chewing it well to get it down because of course ( mouth pain ) stitches etc . I noticed a more and more of a burning , gripping sensation in the middle of my chest , it's not a pain per say - so much as it is a Burning sensation that is at the base of my throats sometime down my chest and into the back , especially after I eat certain things I can sometimes feel the food coming back up , and I have recently found myself eating TUMS like candy , when I do eat them the TUMS instantly takes the burn away temp but it doesn't last to long .

I do have an appt to see my doc next week about this , could this burning be the development of GERD ??? Because I am reading about so many others that describe the exact same things I feel .

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Note: forgot to add this part , I have also noticed an increase in belching and like hiccup sensations also I have noticed a bit of a dry cough as well were when I do couch I get this bitter taste in my mouth a lot of times at night .

I do work very long hours a day 12+ , my job does have its level of stress And i do eat like a horse ,

• Posted

Here's another note : I noticed when I drink a very cold drink like Kool-aid or ice tea ice water etc , it's like I feel it going down , like throwing cold water on a fire , like instance temp relief , I can't drink soda or adult beverages etc because they Burn to much .

Am I describing GERD ?

• Posted

Sounds like a typical case ofGERD to me. Your doc may prescribe you some ppi pills but you could try taking something stronger than tums such as pepto bismol. I have had it for 10 yrs. Mine is really bad when I have gastritis. So cut down on spicy foods and don't eat anything too hot not too cold. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes I think you have the symptoms of gerd I would go see your doctor and ask for some PPI meds and also try Gaviscon advanced at bed time and after meals try to eat slowly and chew your food because your probably Inflamed in your throats and gullit drink warm not hot or very cold drinks because this will irritate it more and burn also don't drink fizzy drinks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.