Burning eyes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im 22 and For the past month or two I have been woken up in the middle of the night(not every night )to my left(usually) eye stinging and practically gushing tears. It also sometimes feels like somthing in my eye (like a pulse beating) but this happens during the day.

Any ideas??

I also suffer from Cateracts, partially blind in left eye, and have really dry eyes( I use eye drops frequently)

Saw eye docter in november and not due again until April.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Taylor, I was going to say this sounds like Dry Eye Syndrome.  Do you use an eye gel at night?  It lasts much longer than the lubricating drops.  

I used to use Lacrilube but my Ophthalmologist changed my prescription to

VitA-POS recently.... the vitamin A in it is supposed to help dry eyes.

• Posted

phone up the eye unit and tell them your condition has got so bad, you need to see someone. They may bring your appointment forward. Alternatively, if you have an Eye Casualty unit, go there or phone and get and appointment, they will usually fit you in withing a day or so for and emergency or serious condition. In fact try them first, you may see someone quicker.
  • Posted

Totally agree with bumblebea, need to ring eye clinic if in England 111,they are really helpful. D o no leave eyes are precious.
  • Posted

I ought to have said, when I see my Ophthalmologists, they usually say they will see me in 6 or 8 weeks but, if it worsens, to telephone them and they will see me sooner and it is generally on the day that I ring.  I telephone the Consultant's secretary.

Make certain your eye drops are preservative and alcohol free.  Alcohol exacerbates the dryness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.