Burning Eyes

Posted , 7 users are following.

2 weeks now on and off mostly on I have a burning sensation in my eyes! Went to eye dr. And she gave me a steroid drop incase it was viral. Did. It clear up. I went back to her and she told me could be allergies as my eyes don't look infected or anything seriously wrong with them. I been using drops for allergies and it's not helping they feel gritty and burning and dry. I put other drops that are for dry eyes with no relief. Anyone else have this what could it be ???

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Post this in the bepharitis forum on here and see what people say. Xx
  • Posted

Decreased tear production and the other symptons you describe can also be due to Sjogren's. Have you ever been tested for that?

• Posted

May be you can try using the Refresh Eye drops for dry eyes and stop using the allergy drop littles for a while, just try it out, as it can be just that your eyes needs lubricating for dryness.   Howver  if it does not get better you seek a second opinion for another eye doctor
    • Posted

I'm actually going to decrease my anxiety med as I think this is a side effect from it and I will stop the allergy drops and just use the refresh. Will talk to my dr. Tomorrow

• Posted

all the best my dear, hope it gets better fast, will keep you in my prayers
    • Posted

Im on anxiety med also,after my dose increased the dry eye got worse,im not sure if its making worse,going to try and cut back to original dose,hard though as my anxiety has greatly increased from this. Keep us posted. Xx
    • Posted

Maria

I appreciate it. Please pray. Also, have you ever had eyes that burned ???

• Posted

Lee

Which meds you on?? If anyone wants to add me on kik messenger my user name is babydoll_blueeyes2nv

• Posted

Alprazolam,daily. 0.5 4 times a day as needed,used to be 3 times. Ive had generalized anxiety disorder since a bad back problem about 7 years ago
    • Posted

yours is a benzo. Don't think that's what's causing your symptoms. But who know

• Posted

It can caus dry mouth,ive read any drug that can caus that can caus dry eyes. Who knows,im also menopausal,read hormones can caus dry eye.
    • Posted

What med do you take?
    • Posted

Also any allergies i get seem to set the burning senation off.
    • Posted

The generic brand of Zoloft. It's been a year since I started it. And all I have been having is side effects I never experienced. I was previously on celexa for years!! Going to ask my doc to put me back on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.