Burning Feeling in Muscles During Exercise, Very Slow Recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am experiencing a burning feeling in my muscles during any type of physical exercise. I used to be fit (gym, tennis, swimming) but had to reduce my usual exercise routine to almost nothing. The main symptom is a burning feeling in my muscles (similar to the feeling you get when you try to lift a heavy weight). Lately, this happens even while doing simple tasks like doing the dishes. It slowly but surely is starting to affect my everyday life.

I don't think that I have lost a noticeable amount of muscle power but I feel like there is no energy stored in my muscles. I feel like an old battery, drained within a short time. After exercise my muscles are very sore and recovery is very slow. (So far I have tried warm baths with Magnesium salts and Ibuprofen.)

I had some blood tests, full blood count, Vit D, Vit B12, creatine kinase level, but did not have a chance to talk to my doctor yet. I suspect, my levels are normal otherwise my GP would have contacted me by now.

By posting this discussion I hope to connect to people with similar problems and hear about possible causes and what actions I should take.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi can you see a difference in your muscles and have you been ill recently with and form of virus.

How old are you, hope you don't mind me asking

Have you been taking any form of medication

• Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo, thanks for taking the time to reply. To answer you questions: Visually the muscles appear the same to me. This has been going on for about 4 months, and I have not been ill before the onset of the muscle pain, and I am 45 years old.

• Posted

Sorry I was out and couldn't answer

So your muscles are not atrophied at all, that's good

Are you taking any meds of any kind including statins

• Posted

Hi again, have been taking Vit D, and I am not taking any statins.

• Posted

Did you have blood tests that diagnosed low vitamin D or is it just an OTC that you brought.

If you had blood tests did they find anything like high inflammatory markers

I'm trying to figure out what to advise you to do

• Edited

Just an update, I had a chance to talk to my GP. The tests show that my levels are normal, with exception of creatine kinease which was a bit elevated (299, normal range 30-180).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.