Burning feet??

Posted , 7 users are following.

This is a new one to add...anyone else suffering from a feeling like the soles of their feet are burning?

I am very reluctant to go to the Dr as all she ever says is, it's your age, your hormones, get on with it sad

I think I've had it a while now but seemed to get worse yesterday and I started noticing.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi. It was burning feet that I went to drs with originally. I had blood tests. Burning feet can be sign of vitamin b12 or iron deficiency or maybe thyroid probs but also menopause or reduced estrogen levels. All my blood levels were fine. Found an unrelated problem and i ended up with hysterectomy and oophorectomy and haven't had feet problems since so there must be something linked with it and hormone levels. Have you ever had blood tests to check these things?
    • Posted

Thank you Froggy, that's really useful.

My Dr told me there was no point in doing blood tests as obviously at my age hormones were changing! I have great difficulty giving blood so didn't argue.

I did ask her about thyroid last time but she said it had been checked when I had a blood test in 2013 and was fine. I have long thought I have a thyroid problem not least because both my mother and my grandmother had problems.

I take a B100 complex which has more than the daily requirement of B12  (4000%!) so should be ok on that.

I think I'm going to have to go se her again...

• Posted

I have hypothyroidism, taking meds, so could be the cause of my hot feet? Worth getting checked...
    • Posted

Appointment made, I usually have to go to hospital for blood tests because they can't get it at the surgery sad
    • Posted

Maybe it's being caused by circulation probs if you struggle to give blood. Hopefully it's something simple and it doesn't last. I know it used to bother me especially when I'm at work. Good luck ☺
  • Posted

Yep, have the same, it comes and goes. Mine is soles of feet and two toes. Ive just put up with it, just another thing, like you, seems not worth mentioning to doc as I expect the same answer. OMG, will this ever end? X
    • Posted

That's where I am too Debbie, thanks for replying. It seems like the symptoms just keep mounting up cry
  • Posted

I have not had burning with the feet but i have had trouble with both my feet. I have inflamation in the ball of my left foot and this is the bad foot that has a plate eight screws and a pin in it due to a break to my foot. Then on my right foot i have a heal spur which really hurts and when i am doing a lot of walking i am in pain and can hardly walk 

• Posted

Yes it is awful there are times it hurts that i can hardly walk on my feet 

I am doing physical threapy 

• Posted

Hi Jane

i have had this for over a year now, some days it isn't too bad and others it is, I went to see a prodietriest (sorry if it's spelt wrong) and I have lost alot of my foot padding on the soles, he said it is very common in women of a certain age..lol, I have put the memory sole insoles in and it as made a big difference, but I also think it can be down to peri too, I know what you mean with some of the doctors though, they are very quick to say this is peri.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, that is exactly why I don't really want to go to the Dr, she makes me feel like I am wasting her time.

I have an open appointment with the podiatrist, I wonder whether I might be better to go there? x

• Posted

Yes funny you mention that.  YES!!  Hot feet, sore feet.  Thank god for cooler weather.  I have to wear a sole in my shoes called HAPPY FEET.  Let me know what your doctor says.  I'm interested.  It's all so weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.