Burning feet, thighs and buttocks

Posted , 6 users are following.

**Hello, I've been having severe burning sensation in my legs for a while now. It started on one foot, gradually moved up to my thighs and then both legs and hands. The burning sensation however seems to be getting worse by the day; I've looked it up a couple of times and i find that it could be peripheral neuropathy which is mostly caused by high blood sugar or HIV but my sugar level stood at 82 and 86 respectively the last two times i checked and I happen to be HIV negative. So what could be the cause of this burning and what can i do or take to make it go away? **

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had similar symptoms to you, eventually after lots of test diagnosed with small fibre neuropathy my blood sugars are normal and im hiv negative. can also be caused by a protein in your blood you need a blood test to het this checked as different ball game if this protein is high level. no treatment so no cure just pain relief - pain relief thats is specific to nerve pain. my last neurology appt i was told to go and get on with it. good luck

• Posted

hiya it does sound like small fibre neuropathy you need nerve studies if there normal theyll likely diagnose you with small fibre as all tests are normal with that ,if no cause is found its a lonley world to live in ive had it 33 months toes to knees both hands i dont have a second without tingling and pain , look up small fibre theres also many fb groups on it i see many ppl like you on there

• Posted

High blood sugar and HIV are only a few of the causes of neuropathy; there are many other reasons too. See your doctor for tests to find out the cause and possible treatment options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.