Burning feet weird feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone experience burning feet numb feeling seems like when one thing starts here comes another it never seems to end first anxiety then burning tongue now feet what is next Lord when will it all end I'm 50yrs old now and I am feeling like I'm 100 lol not funny but my word seems like everyday something new oh don't forget the feeling of nauseous and feeling like your going to fall over geeeeezzzzzz someone please help me

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monique

i too had the burning tongue, and now have the hot feet, I agree one thing goes and then another crops up, it's relentless, can't wait till I feel normal again xx

• Posted

Hello. I was suffering very bad with burning tongue and tried everything. It has gone now sometimes I feel it coming back and what I do its drink lots of cold water. I'm not a great drinker I never get thirsty. I know you are asking about burning feet maybe it's all to do with dehydration and I would give it a try.
    • Posted

You might have a point there lilliepop, because strangely enough when I was in Spain my feet didn't get hot and I drink a lot of water when I'm out there, I still had the hot throat but my feet never bothered me once, so I think that might be something to log down, thanks xx
  • Posted

Yes I have had the feet thing. It got progressively worse up to a point where for the first few minutes I stand up from sitting for a while or after I've been in bed, I would hobble around like an old woman fora few minutes.

I've also had the nausea and also horrible taste and very dry thirsty mouth with drinking water not making any difference.

I agree it does seem like a new problem almost every day.

I started HRT 2 months ago. Some things have improved, my feet still feel like that although I think the pain when standing has gotten less often than it was.

Nausea much better but dry mouth still the same. I'm hoping it will get better in time as the dry mouth and horrible taste I have had for much longer than the foot thing.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes I have all that too. I asked my husband if his tongue ever hurt. He said no. He must think Im crazy. My arms occaddionally fall asleep and sometimes legs too. Not lstely though bit as I'm typing this I'll probably have it tonight amongst hot flashes and waking up with indigestion and can't go back to sleep. I sometimes feel like I'm having an outer body experience.
  • Posted

Hi. I posted a thing about having burning feet under another section as it was before I had my ovaries removed and was not in peri menopause at all. I never did find out why but apparently it can be sign of iron or b12 deficiency or thyroid / diabetes problem. Have you had any checks done ? Mine all came back normal so still don't know why but funny enough it's NOT as bad since had ovaries removed and thrown into menopause which suggests hormones play a part in it all. Hope it eases soon
  • Posted

HI. I've had hot feet since being a teenager. I sleep with an oscillating fan on my feet in bed, every day of the year. Lol hubby is a wimp and hates the fan on a5t any time lol.  I dread summer or over exertion because all I want to do is dunk my feet in ice water. That only works for a few minutes because the burning wins over the coolness so damp feet in front of the fan seems to work best. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes last year, but obviously that didn't start it off, (I'm 50 now).

I'm not sure if I've had the burning tongue but what I can say is that it's now hyper sensitive to spicy foods. I've never been able to eat HOT spicy food but I can't touch much at all now as my tongue gets sore and yeah..it does burn I suppose, but normally as a reaction to what I'm eating.

I've noticed over the last few years that if I'm bare foot on the kitchen lino, and the temperature is neither hot or cold..sometimes I get cold sharp blasts as I put my foot down to walk. It doesn't happen a lot but it stands out when it does. I wish there was something effective to use/do to cool my feet down. If they're too hot, then my head responds by doing the same. Bizarre. Yep, I know how you feel x. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.