Burning hands &feet

Posted , 3 users are following.

HELP TIPS ARE WELCOMED thanks...

Ive been experiencing terrible burning in my hands and feet at first it was just a tingling in my hands over the years it has become severe all they're giving me as gabapentin and now his went down to my feet going up my legs what do I do to ease this pain that comes about maybe every 45 minutes to an hour it's like someone turning on an electric stove it gets hotter and hotter and hotter until it gets inflamed once it's inflamed the pain last I'll say between 5 to 8 minutes and then it eases away....THIS IS HORRIBLE...PLEASE TELL ME WHERE DO I GO 4 RELIF

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sonia--The pain you describe sounds like nerve pain, or neuropathy, which is experienced by some with ME/CFS. I started having the pins and needles feeling in my extremities 4 years ago, when I had a relapse. What I'm about to say may seem controversial, but apparently marijuana can help with neuropathy. Of course, having legal access to marijuana depends on where you live. Here in the U.S., medical marijuana is legal in certain states. I do hope you find relief.

• Posted

Agree with Jackie... some get it.. others dont. I had it body wide.. hands feet face... anywhere my clothes touched my body.  Nerve pain can be horrible and quite scary. Mine was started by hormones issues with peri menopause... so there could be a hormone link... make a diary.... usually gets worse around ovulation and period.  Mine has settled with time but i still get it quite bad from time to time. As for relief.. old type anti depressants seen to help. Amitriptyline seems to be the main one taken in low does of around 10 - 20mg.  Also CBD oil and vapes also are good ( legal form of medical marijuana). I found the vape gets better results than the drops but its a bit trial and error. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.