Burning hot then freezing cold

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on amlodipine for 6 months now, just recently I have been having a terrible hot sensation through my upper body followed by feeling cold and shivery, but my temperature is not raised. My skin feels sore and tender . This happens every night, some nights worse than others and I cannot get any sleep for it. Doctor said try stopping amlodipine for 2 weeks but the symptoms have not got any better, I am a 76 year old man. Has anyone else had anything similar ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had something similar in that I felt like I was on fire in my upper body, especially my arms. That only really happened once, but every single day, my head feels like it's hot from blood rushing to my head. I usually feel a little queezy to my stomach too.

I've been off Amlodipine for about a month and a half or so, and it's still going on.

Was in the ER because it felt so bad, but they ran a whole whack of tests and said I was in great condition.

They told me to drink lots of water when it happens.

I believe I'm still experiencing side effects from the drug, and it's been about 6 to 8 weeks now I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.