Burning in hip

Posted , 8 users are following.

My brother is on day 3 and in hospital, but is describing a burning pain in his hip, he is also very hot (but it is boiling in the ward) has anyone else had this? Do we need to be worried? Thank you hippies !

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a fever everyday I was in the hospital and a few days at home, no infection. I normally run about 97.7 and my temp was around 100.
    • Posted

Thank you for that, it was hugely helpful as it stopped all of us worrying! smile 
  • Posted

hi rose , 

well, yes, I had burning sensation both times a couple of days after surgery - it was not as painful as pre-op OA pain, but being a whimp with very low pain level, I just asked for something strong - they were not very generous with morphine, sadly .... I think I might have exaggerated my pain level from 4 to 8 (eek) just to get the morphine ...

I was lucky to have my bed close to a window and kept it a bit open for as long as possible - 

I wish I could tell you not to worry but you know, just accept that you are worried.

when will your brother be discharged? 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Mmmm. Maybe my pain level accidentally got bumped up too wink

Problem is, it's best to take pain meds before the pain goes up. Rose, don't wait for it to get past 5/10. Scream blue murder, 8/10 even if you know it's only heading there!

• Posted

I definitely will! I have learnt so much already and I am not even threre yet smile
    • Posted

Brother was turfed out of NHS bed with burning hip last night, so I hope (and pray) it was nothing to sinister and he is fine! 

They needed the bed for the next poor casualty, and with it being winter you have not got the option to stay beyond your allotted three nights unless for some dire medical emergency!

So off through the wind and rain and dark. But home and safe, and I feel more relaxed.

He had to scream blue murder to get the morphine and then get it increased, so it sounds the same as you Renee! He got there in the end!!! And now adjusts his own medication.

So happy he is home though! Thanks for your posts and getting back to me. I was quite worried there. 

• Posted

I had someone to stand up for me in hospital. Husband even took 5 days off work to do it. Experience has taught me that you need an advocate with the nurses. They can be so stingy with the meds. And for what? To make themselves feel better?

You will be the best educated hippy there!

• Posted

That's just why I elected to go to our local private hospital and not the NHS hospital.  I used the full four days to recover before going home, still on the NHS, just in a much better place that takes mainly elective surgery and no emergencies.

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.