Burning in pit of throat and in nose when breathing

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion


I am new here today.

For months I've been having a burning and cold feeling in my nose and pit of throat. It hurts and burns to breath in,a lot of times my chest is tight and I struggle to breath. I haven't has a cold or anything. It tightens to walk so when I try to breath in my throat and nose burn like mad.

I feel like I haven't a single bit of energy to do anything.

I think I also have acid reflux to. A lot of times lately my mouth,tongue and lips burn with a horrid metal and bitter taste. I am on lansoprazole for this but not working.

I have been leaving this burning feeling thinking it will go away . I am 46 years old. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies


4 Replies

  • Posted

    Some of your problems could be due to side effects of the lansoprazole. Also stomach problems. You could have an allergy or an illness possibly.
  • Posted

    Hi michelle46271

    Firstly I must ask what your doctor says - I presume you have sought professional advice! When you tell me this I shall know how to respond.

    You see I take Lansoprazole myself for a sliding hiatus hernia and unlike ptolemy I get no side effects to the drug whatsoever so perhaps seeing a GP is your first step.

    I will gladly talk with you when \i know what your diagnosis is?

    Kind regards


    • Posted

      Hi there

      I was having a lot of heartburn and acid reflux that is coming up my throat and nose. I am waiting for my ENT appointment.

      I have an awful bitter taste in my mouth and it burns my tongue and lips .

      The doctor just said to try the lanzoprazole which I have been for a week.

      I don't know how long they take to start working?


    • Posted

      Hi michelle46271

      Lansoprazole will take at least 3 months to work, they don't work miracles and this medication is associated with those (like me) who have a Hiatus Hernia.

      Perhaps your condition is something more deep seated and your ENT specialist will refer you to a Thoracic Chest specialist - either way I think it is too early to come to any firm conclusions?

      Hope this helps



Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up