Burning in Vagina and Anus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Five months ago I took Augmentin for a sinus infection. A few weeks later my vaginal area started to burn, then the perineum and the anus inside was burning. The gynie said I had a yeast and bv infection and gave me flagyl and diflucan. My infections went away but not the horrible burning! The inside opening of my vagina looks like a red rash. I have seen five gynecologists, biopsied for LS and LP both negative. Dermatologist had no idea what it was. I saw an allergist, GI, Rheumatologist, still no diagnosis. I've been given steroid ointment, and steroid shots with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this after taking antibiotics? This has ruined the quality of my life as it hurts to walk and sit for any length of time. Help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Nancy,

I have just experienced the same thing!  I took two rounds of Monurol for a UTI.  About three days in, I got burning in the vagina, and the frequency and pain got worse around the urethra.  I took a Diflucan.  The doctor said that he thought it was yeast.  I had no itching or discharge.  I had told him that.

It got really red throughout the vagina, especially on the clitoral area. 

Then, I went to a gyno, who told me she thinks it is Lychens Sclerosis!  She wanted to do a biopsy to check, but my vjay hurt so much, I said no.  She sent me home with Steroid Cream.  My gp had told me to do Boric Acid for ten days and apply Nystatin on the vulva.  I tried the Boric Acid suppositories tonight.  They burn.  I'm scared to do more.  The steroid cream seems to help, but the gyno told me that when I stop using it, the burn will come back. 

I am scared to death that this is going to be my life from now on!  I can't live like this.  I used to use Estrogen cream, but I can't now, because I had breast cancer last year.

Did you come up with any solution yet?  PLEASE RESPOND!  

I bought EMU AID and I tried that tonight.  It was advertised for Lychens Sclerosis, but it made me redder.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE FOUND OUT ANYTHING.  I'M SORRY YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS TOO.

• Posted

I had a course of intensive antibioics for sinus infecion 5 years ago.

My ass burned so much that my penis shrunk and becae so numb.

No doctor could figure out and my sex was greatly effected by that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.