Burning in vagina that won't go away

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 25 years old. I've been having burning in my vagina for a year now. When I was dating my ex-boyfriend he gave me chlamydia which I had for about 4 months and didn't know it thank goodness I showed symptoms when I went to Urgent Care and my gynecologist they told me that I had chlamydia BV a yeast infection and a UTI. I got treatment for all of the above. This past year I've had several yeast infections and several UTIs I took treatments for all of them. I am still having burning in my vaginal area as well as yeast like discharge I do take probiotics and I tried cranberry supplements as well nothing helps. Every time I go to the doctor all the STD and herpes panels are negative. And BV and UTIs are negative as well. The burning is so bad I thought it was coming from my urethra but I saw urologist in my bladder and urethra are fine. So it has to be in my vagina, I don't know what to do I don't know how to stop the burning intense pain can chronic yeast infections cause chronic burning down there and how do I stop chronic yeast infections or could it be something else going on with my vagina because the burning just never stops. When I get my period for the first two days and knocks out the burning but then the burning comes back. Please help I don't know what to do the doctors aren't helping me

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I developed vulvodynia after recurrent thrush infections. It was seriously intense burning which was worse when I was sitting down. It seemed to get worse and worse until I was finally diagnosed. I was treated with a medication called endep with helps calm down the nerve endings which cause the pain. I also saw a pelvic physio, who had me doing stretches and things to help. I’m pretty much pain free now and off the medication. I do get some pain now when I get thrush but it settles down pretty quickly.
  • Posted

I was the same as Isabelle. I had recurrent and persistent thrush which resulted in vulvodynia. Do you definitely still have thrush? It is possible to have it so much that you become allergic to it and it causes the burning pain you describe. However, vulvodynia causes a similar burning pain and it is difficult to know when the thrush ends and the vulvodynia begins. Vulvodynia is a condition of the nerves where they have been traumatised by infection or chemical or physical trauma. In my case, and possibly yours, the trauma was caused by the repeated yeast infection and the creams and home remedies I used. The nerves become hyperactive and hypersensitive, cause the continuous burning sensation and register touch as pain. Such neuropathic pain is notoriously difficult to get rid of and some women can have vulvodynia for years. However, those are the ones that don’t do anything about trying to get better. You can do a cotton bud test for vulvodynia - touch yourself with a cotton bud around the vulva area and if you feel pain then that indicates vulvodynia. Rather than explaining to you all the things you can do to cure yourself you can see my post “how I cured my vulvodynia”. It took me 2 years of determination and several concurrent treatments.
    • Posted

It actually turns out that I have one cyst on each of my ovaries that's causing the burning pain, I got an ultrasound. And they're treating the cysts with birth control and an ultrasound every 6 weeks.

• Posted

I am going through the same thing! I have no idea what is going on!! 😭😭 so much pain 

• Posted

You have vulvodynia and it won’t go away on its own. It is a condition of the nerves, they have become hyperactive and hypersensitive. It is neuroceptive pain. You need to find a treatment that works for that works for you that will calm those nerves down. See my post “how I cured my vulvodynia” where I explained what worked for me and others have posted what worked for them too.
    • Posted

It actually turns out that I have one cyst on each of my ovaries that's causing the burning pain, I got an ultrasound. And they're treating the cysts with birth control and an ultrasound every 6 weeks. I hope you were able to figure out what was causing your pain, I had to find a gynecologist that would listen to me and to take me seriously so I hope I doctors taking you seriously so sorry you're going through this too.

• Posted

Have you gotten better from the treatment?

I have the same problem.... help!

• Posted

i have the exact same pain , have had it for over a year have tried numerous pain relief , creams and nothing seems to help...can never get booked in to my doctors as they are always busy , if i eat certain foods or wear certain clothes or drink alcohol straight away its burning cant bath with certain products as it just burns ...getting to the point where its making me so down

• Posted

Are you still dealing with this issue? I'm dealing with the exact same thing and now wondering if i have a cyst on my ovaries. Did the birth control help the discharge and burning go away? I'm so desperate.

• Posted

hi can anyone here help i have the same thing and dont know what to do. Burning around the entrance the vagina but sometimes also further up the vulva and the skin around the anus can burn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.