Burning itching in vagina no discharge for two months pls help :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, In february I had intense itching down there with some thick white discharge I took some canesten treatment and it was sorted within about a week. less than a month later it returned but no discharge , again I took canesten and it was fixed My boyfriend at the time also had symptoms red marks/ blotches on penis head so he took fluconzole and at the same time within a week both of our symptoms were gone and we had unprotected sex a few days after . A couple of days later he noticed the red marks had reappeared on the tip of his penis but no other symptoms. Very soon after (the same day) my itchiness came back but no abnormal discharge. We have taken another round of fluconzole and canesten creams - his symptoms seem to be improving However, for me, they arent - i have no discharge however the walls of my vagina burn like hell its a little more red than usual and it is so itchy the only relief i get is when i wipe after having a pee as ive avoided scratching . please help is it definitely a yeast infection??? im so stressed out about this how did we both get it back at the same time after both symptoms cleared up also its been a week since the last fluconzole and no improvement -have i made myself immune to this medication ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

you might have to take 2 of the fluconzole , take one, then take another 72 hours later. when I get bad yeast infections, two usually helps

• Posted

yeah i did this i took the second one on monday , after taking first on friday When do you think this will clear and is there a reason ive had like 4 bouts in two months?

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry you're going through this! I've been having similar symptoms-itchiness and rash/redness on my inner labia . This is my third yeast infection in 3 months. The second time I was able to get swabbed and confirmed for having yeast. Now that its my third one, I called my Dr and explained my symptoms to her, and because I havent responded to other treatments she believes I have an overgrowth of yeast in my body. I was just put on a four week anti-fungal diet and given a prescription for nystatin and a cream that I can't remember the name of. I'm hoping this new treatment plan works for me and clears it up for good! If you can, contact your primary care Dr and they might recommend a longer course of antifungals

• Posted

Thanks for the reply do let me know if it works for you. My symptoms have randomly stopped since yesterday but im still sore in the area and not getting my hopes up ... will definitely call the doctor!

• Posted

have you thought about testing for herpes just in case? for some people, they get yeast infection sensations and the red sores on your bf makes me second the notion of testing for it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.