Burning mouth?

Posted , 6 users are following.

After a scale/polish at dentists,I started having a burning/stinging pain under upper lip and inside cheek,  It sometimes feel like cuts and stings( like salt rubbing in cut) and inside cheek feels swollen and sore,went to emergency dental unit,who said it could be burning mouth and referred me to another dental unit at hospital,waited over 6 months and they said mouth looks fine,apart from slight gum disease,and gave me gel to rub  in,but havent worked yet? It sometimes feels like a thick lip feeling under lip?    anyone else has this feeling?  am thinking of going to Dr and see if Amytryptyline will be prescribed,as I have heard this is good for nerve pain?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

OMG,SAME SAME SAME....I GOT MY TEETH POLISHED AND ALL MY GUMS ARE SORE AND IN PAIN... I WAS WONDERING SINCE SHE WAS NEW,DID SHE DAMAGE ,CRACK,OR USE THE MACHINE TO HIGH... I DID HEAR A POP SOUND AND SHE SAID IT WAS A PLASTIC SLEEVE.....   DID YOU RESEARCH ANY INFO ON IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO DAMAGE TEETH ?
    • Posted

I have emailed research sites.but have yet a reply,I found it strange that my mouth was ok until after the clean/polish,and under my top lip and inside cheek felt painful/sore and my top lip felt like a lump under it.I am thinking did the machine graze my mouth? I have been different emergency dentist,and he cant see anything,but this is 8 months later,all I was given was a gel to rub in,  wish I had never gone!  I too would like to know if these scaling machines can cutinto mouth.
  • Posted

well,all i can say is maybe the hit a nerve and it will be sensitive now,who knows..... mine is all my gums,1 week later
  • Posted

Same problem happened with me when I went for my teeth whitening after that I suffered from lots of pain in my teeth during feeding and drinking anything.

then after I have contact with a dentist who was professional and experienced in this field.

For that dentist visit site:- http://www.dentalwiz.in/

• Posted

hi, thank you for reply,what did they do/give you?  mine feels painfull,sore,and feels like paper cuts when drinking/heating certain things, nothing there to see, 
  • Posted

I got my teeth polished at the dentist last Wednesday. As soon as I left, I felt a ridge in my lower lip near the part that connects your gum and lip. It's been almost a week now and it still hurts just as bad as it did Wednesday afternoon. I have used teeth numbing gel and it helps for a while. Maybe try that? 

• Posted

yes,thanks I have had cream off a one/off dentist appointment,at local dental hospital, gengigel it is called,and was told to get difflum mouthwash,   It helps a bit, but only started after scale/polish,and i feel like a ridge/something rubbing,but under top lip, it comes/goes,and is annoying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.