Burning Mouth and Sore Throat

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, does everyone suffers burning mouth and sore throat? I feel there is lump in side my throat.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

I get the sore throat from time to time and it is caused by worsening allergies. I have had bad sinuses for years but they have gotten worse with peri. I haven't had the burning mouth so I can't comment on that. hope you feel better! Hugs!

• Posted

Hi Lucy, not only do i get burning tongue all the time right now i have geographic tongue and it hurts!!!! So i can feel with you❤️❤️❤️

• Posted

Hi

yes i had the burning mouth and sore tongue for about 3 months, ive now got the sore throat and a feeling of something stuck in my throat 😦 x

• Posted

after suffering from burning mouth for a while now and waking up with left side of throat sore and cold sores left side of cheek I have realized it’s due to allergies and drainage. for many people reflux is the culprit too.

• Posted

I see three issues here: cold sores, burning mouth, and most likely gastritis.

1. I got esophagitis years ago when I started taking MTX and other NSAIDs. I try to graze every few hours for some food to keep my stomach quiet. Drinking water is a simple method to de-acidify your stomach. Protonix helps.
      2. the burning mouth might be due to your use of Humira. Google "humira mouth sores" for a list of issues and possible solutions.
      3. from my experience any med that I take can cause gastritis; remember that the stomach lining has lots of cells that are being created; since any reactive arthritis goes where cell growth is common (ends of bones, skin tissue, colon, etc) you might consider that your arthritis is "playing" with you. 😦
  • Posted

Thanks for all of you to reply me!

My updated news here Thank God! After 6 months burning mouth and sore throat, now my throat is finally fine. I update my news, just would like give hope to someone who is suffering from menopause!

• Posted

Thank you Lucy for that. I am going to do that, to give women hope

• Posted

i have had a burning sore patches inside my mouth and side of tongue for about 2 week and my mouth seems so dry. the inside of my mouth feel swollen and rough but cannot really see anythink. i also get a funny taste mixture of metal taste and salty taste

• Posted

What meds have you started or stopped taking? Any changes in diet, life-style, etc? If you think you have a lump, check with your PCP, CNP, etc. When did it start? Give as much info to your healthcare provider.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.