Burning mouth syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

nearly 5 weeks ago I had an endoscopy with just throat spray.. wasn't a nice experience at all and I was very nervous.... next day iv woke up with burning ontop and under tongue ,pallet and lips burn like crazy.. any liquids that go in my mouth is like acid burning... iv been to doctors dentist and also went private and say burning mouth syndrome but dont know how to treat it...

looking for ideas and thoughts. plz and thank u in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did they say whether the burning mouth was due to damage from the endoscopy? Have they seen it in other patients post endoscopies?

From what I've read on here I must have had very skillful people when I had mine several years ago. Like you I was not sedated ( my choice ). Were you aware of any difficulty getting the endoscope down. I wasn't. It just felt like swallowing a piece of dry bread. I know the throat spray numbs the throat but I always feel that if I'm awake during any procedure it gives me the chance to say " stop" but I didn't need to.

Hope you find a way to sooth the discomfort. Doesn't sound as though your medics are very clued up or sympathetic.

• Posted

hiya their clued up at all... was at docs in tears this morning so he's referring me to dental hospital... so fingers crossed but they have heard of treated it here in Glasgow x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.