Burning mouth syndrome any antidepressant that is working to take the burning away

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 57 years old live in Canada, Ontario. I started menopause at 51 years old. Then my burning mouth syndrome appeared out of no where. I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression disorder.

I have been living with this condition for the past 7 years on and off. I have and I am presently living with a flare up lately and it's not settling down. Been on Effexor for the past 6 years and had some flare up in between with my burning mouth syndrome. They say antidepressant works but this doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if anyone has this condition and if any other antidepressant worked for BMS. Or Anyone heard of Low-Dose-Naltrexone (LDN) for burning mouth syndrome. Does anyone have information on LDN?

Would appreciate any information for BMS and your experience? Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.