Burning muscles, anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My muscles in my legs mostly my left thigh is burning like they are sunburned or something, anyone else with fibro get this? Could this be part of a flare up or just normal symptoms?

Any

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if it is a flare or normal pain but I get cramps going down the outer sides of both thighs. It can last for Months &

then levels off. It is difficult to climb stairs when this happens.

Every day is a new adventure with fibro. You never know where it will pop up next! I also get burning on my palms & bottom of my feet. Have you tried an ice pack?

• Posted

Hi Amybober,

I have burning sensations in my feet and hands, as if I'm on fire. I have been suffering for over 20yrs but only diagnosed with Fibro Aug 2014. I have almost all year round. rolleyes x

• Posted

Hi amybober;  Yes, your description of "feeling like being sunburnt" was my very first symptom.....I feel it All the time in my muscles over Shoulderblades....and the feeling of "having the flu" from the neck down....the only thing that helps my 'burning" pain is Amitryptille....and I am sorry that you are feeling this, as it is very hard to get "Used to"...but if you realize this early, and get the Correct Treatment early, you may not get as bad as some of us have....it took me nearly 20 years for the Professionals to Understand, and to accept what I was trying to tell them....you will probably find other "spots" that hurt, for no definitive reasons....and Numbness in extremities (as sooo many others complain of this, too)...I use Tubigrip in these times  (it increases the circulation to the limbs).......muscle stiffness as in the neck/back, I have regular physio and at times need some valium to keep them relaxed, otherwise I end up with bad headaches........I am sorry to give you such a long list of probabilities...but feel if you find something New...it Can Be Fibro...but always check with your GP, as it is important to remember, that other medical conditions can also arise............confusedBron

• Posted

Thank you ladies so much I do not like having this. It is really affecting my legs.

Amy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.