Burning nose: Does anybody know what this problem could be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey,

So for the past week and a bit i've had a sensation in my nose coming and going that feels sometimes like someone has punched me and sometimes like a burning. My nose feels dry, sometimes crusty, but the mucus is always clear or green. 

It hasn't bled once in these near 2 weeks but about a month ago it did bleed about 8 times in 3-4 days and I had to have nazeptin for 10 days to stop it.

I've since had a week of Flucloxacillin for some cellulitis that my doctor said would have fought off any signs of staph, too. 

Apparently, my doctor sent a swab from inside my nose away to the clinic to check for bacteria or fungal infecion and it came back negative. This was only from one side. So that wasn't an issue. Unless it was from the wrong nostil or something. 

I've always been on 4 days of steroids for an alergic reaction & antihistamines so--- allergies are also covered.

It comes and goes and I wonder if I bring it on myself, but today in particular it has been buring badly. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please help me it's come back.

• Posted

I have some very nerve issues going on recently in my nose. I used some flonase thing, i thought it was maybe pressure from my sinus?my ent has been useless. Im seeing a nuero end of july i have just weird stuff going with my face and pressures and ears. Maybe thats an idea for you? Maybe its a nerve? Its maddening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.