Burning on left side of chest and abdominal pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone

my reflux symptoms mainly started with throat burning and pain. However the last couple of weeks i have been experiencing upper abdominal pain and pressure and pressure on the left side of my chest basically the sensation is around my around my heart especially after i have eaten and when i wake up! anyone else experience this? this is a new thing for me so im a bit worried as it has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Any responses would be great! Thank you 😃

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i have this im always scared of having a heart attack. i have noticed alot of different pains the burning, the pain right up under my breast,

• Posted

I had lots of chest pains in upper left area. Really right under my left breast area. After a few trips to the er one very nice doctor finally explained that our stomach actually sits to the left. It's not in the middle like many of us think. Sure enough I googled the anatomy and realized the pains were in my stomach not my heart. Its higher up. They also gave me a GI cocktail which was Pepto, Mylanta and lidocaine. The pain would stop each time I drank it so I knew it was reflux. Hang in there. I just had to have my esophogus stretched for the second time and its feeling better. I'm on protonix too. Hope this helps u. Hugs

• Posted

Thank you so much for this explanation! Makes sense and made me feel a lit better x

• Posted

Have you tried nexium?

• Posted

Nope the only things i have been prescribed were lansoprazole which made my symtoms so much worse, and Mebeverine. Is Nexium any better?

• Posted

Nexium/esomeprazole in my opinion is the best out of all the ppis. But maybe try gavisc0n double action as well, it can work a bit quicker and take the pressure off. It sounds like you could have a hiatus hernia, have you had an endoscopy?

If you have IBS as well, I think alverine is by far the best antispasmodic. It is the best for bloating, trapped wind and that uncomfortable fizzy stomach feeling, but also helps with loose stools.

Try and avoid sugar, fatty foods and alcohol, they are the worst culprits for discomfort.

• Posted

Okay thank you so much! I'll have a look into that. And in not too sure what a hiatus hernia is but i'll research into it. The only thing i have had checked is my throat with a camera up my nose as my initial symptoms were more throat related rather than chest/stomach.

Just another quick question...do you ever experience back pain? like in the mid/lower back and more specifically on one side? I honestly feel like every couple of weeks its something new with me!

Thank you so much for the advice i think i really need too seriously change my diet!

• Posted

I do get discomfort around my back like a burning type, it is mainly upper or central but can move out to the left or right. Find out about low and high acid foods to give you an idea of what is best to eat/drink and avoid. Also chew your food slowly before swallowing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.