Burning pain 4 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I broke my hip on 3 January with surgery 48 hours later. I am 57 and have had ME for 15 years (7 years severe) and have been treated for osteopenia for 7 years. The surgery was for a partial hip replacement.

I knew my recovery would be longer with the ME so factored in with my physio a sensible approach for the exercises. What I am concerned about is the still high pain level. Last week it regally was severe needing morphine over 2 days and strong pain killers. The pain has lessened but is sharp and at about a 6 to 7 but flaring to an 8 plus if I even try to do a small amount of the exercises and it stays at a strong 7 the rest of the time. I’m trying to only use the pain killers when I am really needing them.

The pain is mainly focused on a smaller area when at rest to the top of the surgery incision. This is also an area where there is about a 2 cms of slightly inflamed red puffy skin which had this morning looked slightly as though it would have a small head of white. I had the post surgery dressing off a week ago and the stitches trimmed only this weekend so there was a long bit of “thread” that maybe caused some irritation after the dressing was off as it was not held in one place anymore.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

your only 3 weeks from surgery.. give it time and patience , follow thru with restrictions required by surgeon.

if the side stitches is hot to touch and red go to emergency test for infection. other side of treatment besides pain meds lots of rest , ice and eating a good diet. it takes more energy from food and vitamins for the body to heal. after 6 weeks you will feel more like your human again and getting around a lot better. had three hip replacements each one is different. take your time to heal and don't over do . just walking all you need to heal. in 8-10 months you will put much of this behind you.

sending hood vibes your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.