Burning pain after intercourse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies had Vh with posterial wall repair, was given all clear to resume intercourse on the 5/1/15, Had intercourse a week ago and have had constant vaginal burning and pelvic pain, has anyone else had any of these symptoms..Am feeling so depressed because of this, Any advice would be great. Thank you x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie

Not had pelvic pain but suffered from a burning sensation during my recovery, sometimes really uncomfortable sometimes just there in the background nagging.  Had a course of pessaries from Surgeon last week to 'calm' things down, and also an antibiotic powder (one dose in water) from my Dr when I went to see him last week as I felt as if I had mild cystitis.  It all seems to have worked touch wood.  My surgeon suggested we go very slow and steady during intercourse.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Gill thank you for your message.i am nearly 10weeks post op and all was good until I resumed intimacy, my surgeon gave me all clear at 6 weeks and 2 trips to theatre...I felt absolutely fantastic until I had intimacy a week ago. I'm now concerned I have caused another prolapse. I'm so glad all has worked out for you, listen to your own body, my surgeon just told me to go and have healthy active sex life... No advice on being careful, Thankfully have an appointment with him on Monday, 
  • Posted

Hi Debbie, probably,best to see the doctor because it may be  cystitis brought on my intercourse.  I've had constant UTI and  now thrush for the past 10 of my 12 week recovery period. 
    • Posted

Hi carolannfud, Thank you for reply, So sorry you have had constant problems 😞 I really am regretting this op, was rushed back into theatre at 3 weeks for a Heamatoma, then okay til intercourse last week,Thankfully seeing Gyne tomorrow, Hope you start to recover quickly x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.