Burning pain,burping,stomach gurgling and dry throat for 3 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello there, I just wan to share my problem I've been having burning pain in my upper stomach,I burped all the time,stomach is noisy everyday and most of all I have a terrible dry throat as well and dry throat is terrible at night and it make me wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes I feel like the food I'm eating is just stocked in my stomach not been digested well even liquids like water.feels like my stomach is producing too much acid,and sometimes if I pressed my stomach feels like I can feel small lumps and sometime they hurt too..last month I went to the doctors and told her my symptoms she Said it's just acid and need to take gaviscon,after 10 days of gaviscon it didn't helped went to see the doctor again and she gave me landzoprazole coz she thought it's inflammation of stomach lining after 3 weeks of taking landzoprazole it still didn't helped me and one night I was rushed to the hospital because of severe stomach pain upper part.they did some blood test to check my liver,kidney and gallbladder but all came out normal.the doctor in the hospital suggested that I should have endoscopy coz he think the problem is in my stomach. I've been stressed and scared for months now coz all I did was to spend days and hours in Google and it's just telling me I have a serious disease.So went back to my doctor who gave landzoprazole and told her I was rushed to the hospital and landzoprazole is not helping me either and that the doctor in the hospital said I need to have endoscopy.She changed landzoprazole to Ranitidine and she suggested I should have a stool exam first for H pylori, Again I Went to Google and read some things about H pylori and and it says one of the major cause of stomach cancer.this is stressing and making me scared even more coz I think I also have the symptoms of it.need to wait 2 weeks for my stool exam and a month for my endoscopy appointment,the waiting time is killing me ang making me stress even more. This dry throat I'm feeling now is scaring me too coz I read as well that too much acid will damage your esophagus and may cause aesophageal cancer..It's all in my head now that I have serious illness.This been making me Cry and worried everyday for the last 2 months.I dont enjoy things anymore,sometimes I just want to be alone and don't want to talk to anybody.My husband did his best to lessen my worries but it's not helping me.I want my normal life again I just got married last March and just starting a family.But instead of being happy This things making me down and emotional everyday.Anybody with the same  experience I will appreciate it if you tell me about your experience and how you coped up with it.

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

In the title it's burning pain In my upper stomach...I think it goes up my chest and throat that's why I'm having dry throat everyday too

• Posted

Firstly....stop stressing out so much. It will only make things worse. The chances of you having cancer are low, so take comfort in that. The endoscopy will tell you all you need to know. You may have gastritis / ulcer linked to h pylori infection. But the stool test and endoscopy will diagnose that.

In the meantime reduce your worrying (you've been googling too much!). And cut out the following:

- alcohol

- fatty foods

- dairy

- acidic foods / drinks

- fizzy drinks

- all sugary foods like cakes / chocolate / sweets etc

- highly spiced foods

- gassy foods (cauliflower / cabbage / onions)

You will notice your symptoms improve if you cut out the above. Eat whole, easily digestible healthy foods and cook them well.

• Posted

Hi Paul thanks for the reply.I've been cutting all the food you mentioned for 2 weeks now but seems like nothing has changed.🙁

• Posted

It sounds like you're having a lot of the same problems I am right now, so I really really feel for you. I've been in and out of doctor's offices for the past month and I haven't been able to get any real clear answers either. And the stress is the worst!

I was diagnosed with GERD and a hiatal hernia a few years ago, which cause acid reflux, burping, and a burning sensation in the stomach, so perhaps you're having some of the same issues. It could also be gastritis or an ulcer because that's what the doctor's think I have right now- but I'm also waiting on an endoscopy to find out for sure.

Honestly, trying to find something to distract yourself with is probably one of the best things you can do. I know it's hard, I find it especially hard when I'm at work, but when I'm home I'll watch my favorite tv shows or youtube channels, sometimes play video games and the distraction helps me not to think about being in pain or stress about worse possibilities so much.

I've taken to sitting with a heating pad on my stomach lately too and that helps me relax a lot. The pain doesn't feel so severe.

As for food, I start off every day eating a banana which helps coat the throat and stomach. Oatmeal also helps with that. And I've started drinking almond milk because it's less harsh on the stomach than regular milk. These things don't really stop the pain but they don't make it worse. I've also been eating mostly chicken as a protein source because most other meats are too fatty and hard to digest. For snacks, I eat a lot of veggies. Carrots, celery, mushrooms, broccoli- they're all easy to digest and low acid.

I hope these things help you out and you start to feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, have you experienced dirty throat too?
    • Posted

Yeah, I have a really dry throat every morning and the only way I can find to combat it is by drinking small sips of water throughout the day. If I drink too much, it'll make my stomach hurt. Everyone has told me it's just a symptom of being dehydrated. Wish I had more advice to give you on this one but I'm still working on it myself. sad

• Posted

Hi just checked on my throat today using mirror and torch they look horrible and scary at the back of my throat there's white thrust and small red spots like and each side of my throat is like being torn or ripped.it really does look scary.And I'm even more terrified now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.