burning pain in knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had knee replacement 7weeks ago movement is good. But burning pain is bad i think nerve medication is good but it puts weight on me so worried how much should take

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You may be putting weight on because you are not as mobile as you were before . Recovery takes time so don't try to rush it . You are on a journey to recovery not a race to recover . Don't worry everyone recovers at a different rate , some quicker than others , some slower there is no norm . You will get there in the end .

• Posted

Everyone says that to me David, but how long bf actually pain free. Some have told me about 3 months. How was it for you?

• Posted

Yeah I had  knee replacement surgery six weeks ago and I'm having that too I also have pain like electric shocks going through my knee but the physical therapist said that's normal 

• Posted

The electric shock pain is your nerves coming back to life. Very positive pain
  • Posted

Hi Mary,

i am also 7 weeks out and have developed burning pain and stiffness ailing incision. Still in pain off and on. I don't want to take Norco again but it's sometimes an 8 and nothing else helps. Could I ask what nerve pain you are onand does it help?

• Posted

Check for interactions but Voltaren Gel (RX in the US), topical anti-inflammatory, worked GREAT for me.  Else, there's AsperCream with 4% Lidocaine OTC that you can try.  I HATE the nerve meds.  Gabapentin (Neurontin) will put 20 pounds on you in a single month.  Lyrica doesn't have the same dramatic weight effects (at least on me) but gave me no relief either.  The nerve pain will go away...just takes time...

• Posted

I'm guessing you're on lyrica.  That puts enormous of weight on.  Wind it down gradually now.  The burning pain happens for a while but it'll go.  Ice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.