Burning pain in left rib, groin, hip and left side of the bladder area??

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a few months now I have been getting a burning pain in my left rib (below my breast) which radiates to my back, left groin, hip and left side of bladder area. The pain is made worse if I'm sitting or lying down.

Occasionally now I find it a bit painful in the left side when passing stools. 

I have microscopic blood in my urine but have had the following:

3 blood tests - all normal

Ultrasound of womb and ovaries

CT scan of kidneys

Ultrasound of kidneys and bladder

Intravenous Urogram of kidneys and bladder

Cystoscope

ALL NORMAL???

I'm at a total loss and I am in pain 24/7 and it is seriously affecting my life.  I am started to become depressed.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pain in your ribs may point to gastritis or h pylori.  Ask for an endoscopy  to confirm this.  Have you had any antibiotics to treat the microscopic blood in your urine?
  • Posted

Hi Sharon! I'm sorry to hear that you are in much discomfort. I am a Level II Reiki Practitioner and would love to do some complimentary sessions to help relieve the pain.  Reiki is not a substitute for medical diagnosis but can help heal the root of the problem.  Let me know if you have any questions or are interested! 

• Posted

With positive blood in urine, if the cells were whole and not exploded, a MORPHOLOGY of them has to be done, which can tell, where from, which part between kidney to bladder they stemmed.

Also get tested for nutcracker of left renal vein please, very common is left flank, back pain and blood in urine.

There is not much that could be done for nutcracker conservatively, but is good to know for further down the track if getting worse.

Helpful are: positions (e.g. for 10min) like 'downward dog' (yoga) and gaining weight.

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.