Burning pain in the night

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a HORRIBLE burning, almost feels cramping as well on the outside of my thigh. Usually lasts a minute of two but believe me it's painful enough I scream. Afterwords the area is numb for days after... should I be worried? What is this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I sometimes take cramp in my legs but no burning pain, cramp in your legs is no joke and very painful, i would have a word with my doctor about this because it could be a symptom to some underlaying illness, i definately would not ignore it and hope it would go away, hope you find out what it is and that its not serious, please let me know what you find out about this because there may be other people getting these symptoms and think its nothing much to worry about, when i think its really worth having a word to your doctor about. good-luck!.Anne.
  • Posted

Dear Jeni, I am no Doctor but i would go and see one about this, I sometimes take cramp in my legs and i know that its very painful, however my leg doesnt go numb afterwards, sounds maybe like a circulation problem, but as i said im no Doctor. hope this helps. regards Anne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.